What a week! July has started with a flourish.
I am thrilled that Talking Story was able to welcome five Rock Star guest authors from within our Ho’ohana Community in the past week! They very generously shared their thoughts on Ho’okipa (hospitality) with us, and I encourage you to visit these articles and join in the conversation:
- Deb Estep: Ho’okipa Via The United States Postal Service… "NEVER, EVER let anyone tell you that snail mail is a thing of the past."
- Lisa Haneberg: Build Energy then Go Where the Energy Is… "I have always been attracted to forging new territories and exploring new grounds. And I honestly had downplayed my desire for, or need for, relationships. I have a different perspective now."
- Reg Adkins: Hospitality: Our Gatherings Seek to Meet a Need… "Well guided gatherings have these characteristics of hospitality…"
- Maria Palma: Hospitality: The Key to Peace on Earth… "I start to wonder how much better the world would be if each and every
one of us was taught hospitality at a young age. What if it were a
class like English or Math?"
- Dave Rothacker: Ho’okipa: A Mother’s Love… "a gentle reminder to those bosses out there who employ working moms."
With Talking Story in such good hands and hearts, I was able to give my kokua (help) as Mea Ho’okipa elsewhere in our Ho’ohana Community;
- I had the privilege of being a guest author for Steve Sherlock while he was on vacation. Pretty sure I already told you about the Cracker Jack ® Prize, but not about this one: Tertiary Education: Whose responsibility is it?
- A short story on Passion for the Good Customer Experience about Ho’okipa (another of Steve’s blogs): Get in the Feedback Loop.
- More Summer Strengths Seminar Sizzle: This was an announcement about a Web Seminar Series being offered by The Gallup Organization. I added it to Joyful Jubilant Learning in connection with our strengths learning project there.
- I learned about movers and shakers Taylor Mali and Mark Goren. Trust me, these are two names you want to know, and are likely to hear again. Be sure you watch the video clip; that is what a powerhouse sounds like.
Then yesterday, so much going on for 07-07-07!
Photo from Dwayne.
- July 07, 2007 is here! was the celebration on Joyful Jubilant Learning, and you must check out the compilation page that was our magnificent result: The 7 Wonders of Learning.
- When we were at about 162 entries and counting, I took a break to highlight a few of them in this category for Steve: 7 Tertiary Wonders will give you a look at what I have tagged for my tertiary education!
- One special way I celebrated they day was with a Triple 7 on Managing with Aloha. I must say it felt great being able to write this out for our MWA movement: The Core 21 Beliefs of Managing with Aloha.
Whew!!! This is why Sunday is known as the day of rest. Enjoy yours thoroughly.
Me? There’s one more writing project I have my sights on …
What I Have Learned From Travel.