“Here are some markers to uncover or create your signature story:
- It is the story you tell often, or stories you tell often that have the same theme.
- It is the story you most need to hear, even when you are the person telling it.
- It is the story you most need to tell, if you could tell only one more story what would it be.
- It is the story that you can tell a thousand times but you keep learning from it almost every time your tell it.
- It is the story that lives in you and may come alive every time you tell it.
- It is the story that is most authentic and true for you.
- It is the story you most want to read.
- It is an "easy" story to tell because it is so much a part of you.
- It is a story that when you tell it, it strengthens you.”
Click over and read his entire posting: Signature Stories: More than Once Upon A Time.