Blogs are such social media. Gotta love them.
Like Tony shared yesterday, what I love about this is how it adds to the open transparency of what we do as bloggers. Besides the five things about Carolyn (aka Barbara the tree climber) and Tony (Greg is helping me get him to Hawaii), I’ve read, smiled, and laughed with so many in our community! Check-out Mod-Squad Blaine, Troy the sappy romantic (I thought so…), fellow Oprah fan Jodee, and Mike the Poet (and I didn’t know it!) Phil, being Phil, had the first one I read ” Game on!
Okay, here are my five things, taking my inspiration from my Dad’s birthday yesterday, and the picture I posted there;
- I love to sew, but unfortunately, it is something I rarely make time for anymore. Made my wedding dress and my sister’s prom dress. Will someone tell my husband I’d LOVE a new sewing machine for Christmas? No, don’t. I think it’s one of those things I should buy for myself (too picky ”“ that’s one and a half about me.)
- Speaking of the darling, bestest in the world husband I have, he’s actually my number two hubby. Number one was a commercial diver and fisherman, and he died early in our marriage on a dive; got the bends (it was over in an instant for him ”air embolism in his brain).
- No one called me Rosa until I was about twelve. My dad used to call me Bones because I was a very athletic and active tomboy when I was younger, and skinny as you could consider “still healthy” to be. Up in my share of trees too Carolyn; trained-to-fruit-low mango trees are the best.
- So my dad is the one who started calling me Rosa. He came up with it when my mom started begging him to call me something “gracious” because she hoped I’d grow up to be more feminine one day, and calling me “Bones” was not helping.
- What did everyone call me? Liann. The name on my birth certificate is Roseliann; Rose after my maternal grandmother and Liann after my paternal grandmother who was a Lillian. Today I’m Rosa to just about everyone (my dad never told me why he wouldn’t call me Liann too).
The hardest thing for me about this is tagging only five more of you, so I’m not counting, just tagging off the top of my head: I tag Steve Sherlock, Toni Howard, Tim Milburn, Dwayne Melancon, John Richardson, Rebecca Thomas, Maria Palma, Leah Maclean, Pete Aldin and Dan Oestreich (if anyone could make this playful meme philosophically beautiful, it would be Dan.) I can do 10 if I got tagged twice, right?
I’m pretty sure someone already tagged Stacy Brice, Terry Starbucker and Dan Ward (know I read it, but can’t remember where, if not I tag you again!) and I know that Tony tagged Greg Balanko-Dickson, Dave Rothacker, and Karen Wallace. I tag Chris Owen, to get her Pink Apple RSS lighting up again (she has been a Christmas angel, writing for JJLN before her own blog!) Oh, and Wayne Turmel, I definitely tag you! So start writing everyone, I can’t wait to read your five helpings of goodness too!
Hey, this is a great way to enliven your Daily 5 Minutes! Share one tidbit per minute!