Being a Best Place to Work is most of all about creating a work environment in which employees can flourish. The reasons are manifold. For employers, it means higher retention, better recruitment and increased productivity, not to mention it’s the right thing to do. For employees, it means being able to believe in your company and give it your all. It’s about loving your job.
–Hawaii Business Magazine
Hot tip: If you happen to be on a job search in Hawai‘i, according to Hawaii Business Magazine you can’t go wrong checking out one of these great companies, all acknowledged by their employees as the 20 Best Places to Work in Hawai‘i.
Here is what they have in common: All 20
- Have mission statements
- Have defined their organization’s values
- Have employee recognition programs
- Make arrangements for senior leaders to meet with employees regularly
See more on their “best practices” here.
A warm aloha and congratulations to these fine companies:
Large Companies (250 or more employees)
- Arcadia Retirement Residence
- Castle Medical Center
- Central Pacific Bank
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Hawaii District Navy Exchange
- Maryl Group, Inc.
- Na Hoku
- Outrigger Hotels & Resorts
- ResortQuest Hawaii
- Servco Pacific, Inc.
Small and Medium Companies (25 to 249 employees)